Unified Advocacy BaseWe have been a powerful voice for Indian land and Native Energy since 2011.
Learn MoreAbout Our Vision
COLT was established in April 2011 to provide a unified advocacy base for tribes that govern large trust land bases and provide full service in the governing of their members and reservations. Since its establishment, COLT has been an active voice on Indian land, energy and other areas important to large tribes.
Advocating for legislative, regulatory and policy reforms to improve issues unique to tribes that govern large land bases.
Educating the Administration, Congress, public and other tribes about the unique issues impacting tribes that govern large land bases.
Identifying statutory, regulatory, fiscal and policy barriers to Indian land developments, and recommending ways to eliminate or lessen such barriers.
To advocate for the protection of the Treaty rights of Member Tribes and to clarify and enhance the trust responsibility of the United States to Member Tribes.
MEMBER SUPPORT Current Resources.
Download our most current Corporate Charter and explore the vision of our organization.
- Chairman: Russell Begaye – Navajo Nation President
- Vice-Chairman: Harold Frazier – Cheyenne River Sioux Chairman
- Treasurer: Marcus Coby – Shoshone-Bannock Tribes Secretary
- Secretary: David Browneagle – Spokane Tribe Vice Chairman
- Executive Administrative Director: Melissa Holds The Enemy
- Executive Legislative Director: OJ Semans Sr.
Meet our Team
NAVAJO NATION PRESIDENT
MELISSA HOLDS THE ENEMY
OJ SEMANS, SR.