COALITION OF LARGE TRIBES (COLT) IS SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME
The Coalition of Large Tribes is seeking applicants to fill an Executive Director position.
DESCRIPTION OF COLT
COLT is a federally-chartered corporation governed by a board of directors to provide advocacy and to promote the sovereign rights of member tribes to protect, enhance, control, utilize, and develop their respective land bases.
SCOPE OF WORK
The successful candidate will provide management oversight of the operations of COLT, to include COLT meetings, resolutions, contracts, the organization’s website, and the execution of its mission and goals, in accordance with the highest legal, ethical, and professional standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve COLT goals
- Manage and update COLT by-laws, resolutions, policies, procedures and website
- Assist with review, analysis and research on proposed and pending legislation and policy initiatives
- Advocate initiatives and policy positions on behalf of COLT to congressional representatives and federal agencies
- Maintain and present the COLT budget
- Plan and coordinate COLT meetings, as well as, develop meeting agendas
- Develop knowledge of COLT by-laws, operations, resolutions and business plans and ensure that such documents are kept up to date in accordance with direction of COLT Board of Directors
- Enter into contracts for COLT for procurement and services, upon approval of COLT Board of Directors
- Lead and maintain communications between the COLT Board of Directors and the public
- Other duties as assigned by the COLT Board of Directors
Advanced degree, preferably a JD, MBA, or MPP/MPA with a minimum of 3 years of upper level management experience; experience in effectively managing a national organization and staff; excellent organizational management skills with experience in managing a budget and working with a board of directors; strong legislative and public relations skills; action-oriented; adaptable and experience in business planning; and works effectively with diverse groups. Ability to operate business machines and manage contracts.
COMPENSATION, TERM, AND REVIEW
$1,500 per month. 1-Year Contract, beginning immediately. Candidate is subject to an annual performance review.
SUBMISSION (Hard Copy and Email Accepted by Deadline)
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume to: Marie Baker, MHA Nation
107 W. Main Ave., Suite 200 Bismarck, North Dakota 58501
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 701-421-4029